displaying record info on plan

Hello all,

I am using Vectorworks 2011. This is what I'm trying to do: I want some sort of a tag or call-out note for items which will show the record format infomation for that item on the plan, and the two will be synchonized. My specific example is that the foodservice equipment symbols I'm using have the utility information in the record format (water, electric, gas, etc.) and I want that information to show as some sort of note in our rough-in drawings. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Hi...

Should be possible using the ID Label tool I think. But don't quote me on it!

It just needs to be set up correctly, and it SHOULD work like a charm...

I don't have the time to explain it right now, but if I do have the time, I'll post back (if you have not yet gotten through)

K?

I was playing around with the ID labels, and I got the label to have 7 fields of info from the record format of the item into the Object Info palette of the label, but it would not display this information on the plan. Also, the ID would not update if I changed the info in record format of the item. If we could get this to work better, that would be great!