symbol price with ODBC

I would like to connect symbols to a record kept up to date with ODBC.

To connect a symbol definition to a record. I need to enter the definition, deselect everything and choose the record.

If I want to set a database line for this symbol :

Tools > Database > Object connection. Well there is a problem, Nothing is selected, so it doesn't work...

So, how can we connect a symbol definition to a database line??

Thanks,

Hi,

When you enter a symbol definition as you describe in order to choose its record, you're actually setting the default record for, and only for, future instances of that symbol. The symbol itself will not have the record attached. To attach a record to the symbol itself, you need to select the symbol, not enter it, and choose the record. While all instances of the same symbol definition are always exactly the same, their record information, including whether or not they have a record attached, can be different from one instance to the next.

HTH, Will

sleg,

???In the Resource Browser, select the symbol you want and right-click on it. Choose "Attach..." and you'll get a dialogue with your record format choices. Pick one, or more, by placing a check-mark in front of the record format name(s). Now when you place that symbol in your document you'll have your record(s) attached. Previously placed symbols of the same name will be unaffected.

Raymond

• 2 years later...