Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

The National BIM Library (UK)

The Vectorworks windows and doors haven't appeared, but I've seen the drafts so I know they're coming...

A bit embarrassing that the reason there are no pitched roof composites for VW is that...er...Vectorworks can't do composite pitched roofs...

I notice that in one corner of Ecobuild the NBS launch the National BIM Library, whilst in the other corner of the hall Barbour announces support for BIMstore...a competing initiative. My money's on NBL (that's not basketball for US readers...). The trouble is that having two initiatives may divide manufacturers' focus when they decide to make BIM resources available.

(I wasn't there by the way....just got the two launch emails)

My money's on the NBL too.

Regarding pitched roofs, the NBL is likely to highlight any parametric shortcomings between the various BIM packages. I doubt the roof tool will be VWs' only shortcoming. There are whole bunch of window types that the window tool doesn't do for instance (tilt n turn, fully reversible, glass block, louvres, frameless, etc. etc.)

Very cool. I like where this is going! Let's hope the updating of objects is timely when new major new releases of software are made.

(these fences end up in "Miscellaneous" in the workspace editor if you're looking for it like I was).