As it is a wish list - Stability and decent workability please

QfanatiQ

Question

I have used a variety of packages. VW is hard going for anything on a larger scale than a few houses.

I'd really appreciate the VW team doing some hard and deep R&D by looking at all other CAD packages and deciding what they want their package to be and make it work.

Getting a outlook to concentrate on and moving forward.

One think I love about VW is the auto save per X number of functions done. Believe me I need it!

Crash Free Satibiliteeee pleeease.

Thanks

Q

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Q, as you and Christiaan pointed out, different methods of use on similar or the same PC can raise different stability issues.

i'm still using 2011, but managed to reduce Crashes by modifying my use. i don't now if 2012 is still laden with bucket loads of ancient code, but hitting many shortcuts in succession(as was my habit) and expecting VW to respond caused endless frustration.

Patience improves VW's attitude imensely. Not that we should ever have to wait, but reserved caution goes quite a way to reducing them.

Patience improves VW's attitude imensely. Not that we should ever have to wait, but reserved caution goes quite a way to reducing them.

I am not used ot using a program that does not respond to normal use.

This is the only program I use in my profession that I do not feel is professional but has potential (in it's output for graphical representation).

We struggle on and hope things will get better.

i'm still using 2011, but managed to reduce Crashes by modifying my use. i don't now if 2012 is still laden with bucket loads of ancient code, but hitting many shortcuts in succession(as was my habit) and expecting VW to respond caused endless frustration.

Patience improves VW's attitude imensely. Not that we should ever have to wait, but reserved caution goes quite a way to reducing them

There are some things when using VW - when I do them - save before - and then wait - then continue

In my view NV has some issues to sort

Q,

Please contact our tech support, or your distributor, so the crashing problems can be documented properly and addressed by our engineers.

JWO, thanks for your offer. I will pass this onto our IT.

Just recently they have been asking for our crash reports. But I was not aware if these then go any further.

I'm experiencing many crashes in a day as well, the stability of VW is not impressive to date. I sure hope NNA engineers are hard at work cause this is my 2nd project on this VW program and I'll just scrap it (or maybe just use it as a PDF to DWG converter)if the next service pack does not come out soon and fix this. I've been monitoring my CPU and GPU usage % and it is nowhere near being maxed out, so this leads me to believe it's just sloppy programming.