Space objects not working with Standard Naming

I am having an annoying situation with the Space tool. Whenever I create a space object it defaults to the Space-Main class, with its label in Space-Spec, irrespective of what I have set up in Standard Naming. Moreover I am unable to change them to my own space class (the one that should have been used by VW according to ClassNameStds) as long as auto-classing is turned on. My only workaround is to delete the Space-Main and Space-Spec classes and reassign all space objects to the desired class.

• 2 weeks later...

Robert,

I will gladly submit a bug report, however this brings up another issue I am facing. The bug submit page tells me to make sure I have all software updates applied. My local (Brazil) tech support representatives claim the SP2 update is already available, yet my version of Vectorworks (which is SP1) does not find it when I tell it to check for updates. I have already filed a ticket with them on this issue but they have not been very responsive; all they do is tell me they have e-mailed me the updater, which I never received. They also tell me I have to remove SP1 before installing SP2, which is impossible for me since my DVD already came with SP1 bundled.