Image files

How about an image editor or a process that takes you into another application (preset by the user) such as adobe photoshop or some such so you don't have to mess around altering and saving and reinserting and resizing and positioning images and then having to go out and edit them some more and then do it all again in Vectorworks.

very crude.

like installing fine interior carpentry with a 10 lb sledge hammer.

Ya I do that too. I've made a big mess that way.

A bit off topic but correct me if I'm wrong. If you create a class, but a bunch of things in it then later decide to add a sub class you can no longer add things to the original class where you have all the other things.

I think this is a place where you should use the right tool for the right job. VectorWorks is great for vector based work. (lines shapes and 3D objects)

It does not pretend to be a image editing program for bitmapped images. I would highly suggest using a good 2D image program for cropping and manipulating graphics.

Photoshop is king of the hill here, but for Windows Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) is a great freeware graphics editor. For the Mac, the best I know of is the shareware GraphicConverter (www.lemkesoft.de)

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support