3D Trees in VW Format

I?m in the process of developing some 3d plant models and thought I?d post a few freebies here for people to use. See how well they work for you. I?d appreciate any feedback you have on problems, questions, or suggestions for improvement. Or even if they?re workable for you. Do they bog down the scene too much?

Also, if there are any particular plants you would like to see offered, let me know.

The files are too large to post on the forum, so I?ve posted them at Turbosquid. The first one is a young European Hornbeam var. Fastigiata that is a common street tree here in the U. S. and in Europe. It is a small sapling (15 ft.). Tomorrow I?ll post an older/larger version (30 ft. tree).

They are in VW 2011 format, plus VW 12 (which was exported out of 2011 using the ?Export as Vectorworks 12? option. I have no way to test them, so I would be interested in how they open up in older versions). I?ve included jpegs of how they?re supposed to look, so you?ll know if they came through OK.

I?ll also be adding other file formats soon (C4D, 3ds, Fbx, dwg, and Obj).

Here is the link:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/free-vwx-european-hornbeam-var-3d-model/660307

Here's a jpg preview:

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6809&filename=EuHy_vF%20MD%20set.jpg

I hope some people find these useful.

Monadnoc

Edited by Monadnoc