Sign in to follow this  
Christiaan

Producing 2D elevations from 3D model for consultant

Do tell what is your area of expertise/qualifications?

Im a qualified/Certified Civil and Construction Engineer (include Enviromental engineer)

DUDE,I deal with Building and Energy systems everyday - in fact I invent and own them.

.....why would you want the client to get Slugged for the extra modeling work?

What extra work? The model is already there? Real consultants would know that real architects still need to produce real 2D drawings for real buildings to be built.

....... but 3D DWG works better than IFC.

.....so now the client suddenly starts paying for the 3D?

Edited by Vincent C

We have a consultant who needs Information. Because of bugs in VW we couldn't provide a 3D model in good time so we needed to get him elevations in the mean time. And you think this is an invitation to get your dick out and prove to the world how much of a twat you are?

We have a consultant who needs Information. Because of bugs in VW we couldn't provide a 3D model in good time so we needed to get him elevations in the mean time. And you think this is an invitation to get your dick out and prove to the world how much of a twat you are?

IMO, Unfortunately that reflects very poorly on your employer..

I would have extracted surfaces-> assigned classes->C&P on another layer->Tidy the plane geometry->Then export 3D

Twat! A word totally under-utilized on this forum, and in the United States in general.

Edited by Tobias

This recent comments on this thread are unprofessional and unacceptable. This thread is now locked.

Further personal attacks (a violation of the Terms of Service) will results in a ban from the forums.

The Moderators.