Here's a dumb one

We don't have a plotter.

We need a plotter.

We run VW 8.5.2 on a combination of G3's G4's and Imac G3's. WE print to a teensy little HP laserwriter over an ethernet network. What else what else. we need it to plot postscript . Uh ink jet would be fine.

My question is, What's everyone else using. I have always thought HP's were the way to go. Am I right? Am I wrong?

Could someone give me a lead here since I have been charged with leading the blind.

Thanks

JoeTake a look at the Vectorworks Printing/Plotting section on this message board. You will probably find all the info you need.

Personally I use VW 8.5.2 on a G3 and G4 running OS9.2 with a HP 455CA plotter. I have had it new since 1998 and it works fine. I use the supplied HP RIP. It took many hours to work out the software installation and usage issues, but since then I rarely have problems. Tech support from HP is free for the price of a phone call. They are helpful, but I sense that they are also frustrated with the software. It works but is not great.

Joe, I run OS 9.1 on a G4 and plot to an HP230 (old, found on ebay). I use Microspot Graphic Pack over a small ethernet network. It works more or less flawlessly (although the initial set up was frustrating). Unfornately there is no OS X support in the works for my older plotter, so until it dies I'll need to stay w. OS 9 or run in classic mode to print. PLC

We use HP 1050 DesignJet with a Microspot Print Server software package to help counter the "non too great" HP drivers.

We also use 2x Epson 3000's but we often have trouble with these and they are a hassle to re-set etc. Nice output though and a lot cheaper then the HP 1050.