problem exporting rendering from design layer

ettore

I had set up a perspective section viewport in a sheet layer. It rendered fine in every rendering mode except renderworks. With renderworks all I got was the sectioned polylines: everything else disappeared. I don't think the problem is with my lights/textures or rendering options because I can produce renderings with renderworks cameras just fine.

So, I tried another method. I followed the instructions on this PDF: http://download2.nemetschek.net/www_misc/2011/GSG/GS-VWA_OffsetDLSVP.pdf

Basically this puts my perspective section viewport in a design layer. From there, I set a 3d perspective view, and I can render fine. Problem now is with exporting. When I export to PDF, vectorworks renders again (uff...). I wait till the already perfectly rendered view renders again, and end up with a blank PDF...

I wish I could understand what is wrong with the first method, which seemed to be so straightforward. Can somebody please help me understand what I am doing wrong?

--

Macbook pro 15" intel core 2 duo 2,66 Mhz

8 GB ram, mac os x lion

vectorworks 2012

Edited by ettore

Hi

Maybe the info in this tread will help solve your problem

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=33885&Number=167106#Post167106

Regarding the blank PDF

Save and restart your machine. This looks like a out of Memory (Virtual) issue.

When you do the Render Setup before Exporting hit Esc (hold it in till it states it has been stopped) Now export, it will Save by rendering it to PDF.