Custom Title Block

Preface: I am a new user of VW 2008 Architect; have several years experience with Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD.

I am having issues with creating and implementing a custom title block:

I created a custom title block and Record with both Project and Sheet specific attributes. However, when I place my title block into a file, the Project specific records do not become incorporated when I insert additional title blocks/drawing borders. Is there a specific location where I am to enter project specific information in order for this to work?

Secondly, why does one line of text in title block inherit the attributes of the class the symbol is placed, while other text elements do not? this is actually an attribute that I would like for all symbols in general, but i was unaware that this is how VW works. What is controlling this behavior?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, or tips.

mmiles

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Start by taking a look at the Knowledge Base article on Title Blocks.

Custom Title Block

I can't remember if the text attributes are covered in the video however I know it's in the manual. The use of the text attributes is determined by the class settings for the text. You will need to consult the manual for the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, i am not sure what you mean by "INSIDE the sheet border plug-in object". However, I am using the Dims/Notes toolset (Drawing Border) to place the title block. What I ended up doing was to re-create the title block, with a new name, and then I essentially started over with placing sheets in my file. The functionality seems to be working. Though, there clearly was an issue with the record file and symbols not updating when re-inserting the original title block.

I am still pretty green and finding there a lot of things that I took for granted when using a different program. This is one of those things.... thanks.