Texture direction on columns

Christiaan

The only way I now of is to extract the image, turn it 90* then use it it create a new texture. There might be a way to edit the texture to accomplish the same thing. And I sympathize. These sorts of duh flaws are flat out embarrassing. As far as I know landscape walls still texture incorrectly after three or four versions and many bugs filed. I find it inexcusable, but usually just work around it and get on with my day...

yeah, this is yet another flaw that needs to be addressed in VW modeling.

With walls you can specify the scale and rotation of textures, but with columns, slabs, and many other objects, there is no control of the texture size or rotation in the OIP, so one has to resort to copying and editing the texture itself to get the desired results. It works, but is a time consuming work-around.

I'm having the exact same problem. Texture runs vertically.

My workaround:

Draw rectangle, AAC>Objects from Polyline>Walls

Trouble is, you have no control as to whether the wall is drawn around the inside or outside of the polyline. VW seems to use the wall's core around the polyline.

It's issues such as this which give us new users nightmares.

The only (barely) adequate workaround is to Extract Image from the texture; Open image in Photo Editor; Rotate Image 90?; Then Create New Texture from the rotated image. Use this texture to apply to the Column. Obviously this is far from ideal for a number of reasons. But it will allow the desired texture orientation...