Final Quality Render Quality Setting?

cad@sggsa

Hi Carl,

I would suggest, that you start with the Relistic Final ... Renderstyle,

and then you change the Settings in the Lighting options, and save the result as your own Renderstyle.

Because, the you can kind of downgrade the settings for the GI.

While experimenting it makes sense to reduce Geometry rendering, indirect lighting to low, and dissable the "blur" rendering.

Horst M.

Edited by Horst M.
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Carl

The lighting options in Final Quality Renderworks will use whatever is currently set in the Lighting Options - either on the design layer or on the viewport.

But Horst is quite right - take one of the styles and then experiment with the options to create your own style.

Good luck!

Thanks Horst

That would be the right way of doing it if you did not know any of the settings.

As Mentioned above I would like a middle ground between the 2 render Styles, reason is both have good and bad qualities so I would like to combine the effect.

I have now set all to High

Ambient Info to Off

Indirect Lighting setting to None

Emitter = 100%

Temperature @ Indoor3400K

All other Options are selected.

My scene is a Layher Scaff Stage with LEDscreen structures.

I have created a Tress Background texture on a extrude with transparent mask.

The Realistic Final blured that edge very good but had to much light happing and could not duplicate the light&shadows FQR had with HDRI Sky39 did. The FQR had a distinctive line/edge on that trees texture that make it look like it is stuck on.

Hope this makes sence.

These settings have duplicatied the light/shadow as in FQR but I still sit with that edge...

So these be the settings for FQR then.

Wondering what can be done to soften texture edge of the masking like it is done when you apply Realistic Final

I will need to convert the renders before posting them here as they are Exported to PDF @ 300dpi and are +/- 14Mb each.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Edited by cad@sggsa
Hi Carl

The lighting options in Final Quality Renderworks will use whatever is currently set in the Lighting Options - either on the design layer or on the viewport.

But Horst is quite right - take one of the styles and then experiment with the options to create your own style.

Good luck!

How do I view these Lighting options for a Design Layer?

Since RenderStyles all the settings are in one Place.

If you use A Resndestyle once, a Copy is placed in the resource Browser of your File.

Just rename it, or duplicate it with a new name, and Edit the new RWStyle from the Resourcebrowser.

screenshot attached.

Video:

Edited by Horst M.
Thanks Horst

That would be the right way of doing it if you did not know any of the settings.

As Mentioned above I would like a middle ground between the 2 render Styles, reason is both have good and bad qualities so I would like to combine the effect.

I have now set all to High

Ambient Info to Off

Indirect Lighting setting to None

Emitter = 100%

Temperature @ Indoor3400K

All other Options are selected.

My scene is a Layher Scaff Stage with LEDscreen structures.

I have created a Tress Background texture on a extrude with transparent mask.

The Realistic Final blured that edge very good but had to much light happing and could not duplicate the light&shadows FQR had with HDRI Sky39 did. The FQR had a distinctive line/edge on that trees texture that make it look like it is stuck on.

Hope this makes sence.

These settings have duplicatied the light/shadow as in FQR but I still sit with that edge...

So these be the settings for FQR then.

Wondering what can be done to soften texture edge of the masking like it is done when you apply Realistic Final

I will need to convert the renders before posting them here as they are Exported to PDF @ 300dpi and are +/- 14Mb each.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Here are the images regarding the tree background

Please advise

I did finally use Custom Renderworks with a full Black background with Lit Fog @ 35% Smooth and the Mostly Sunny HDRI, but using the Lighting from the HDRI Sky39

All options selected, Image exposure = 100%, All Quality set to High, Max Reflections = 3.

Lighting Options : Indirect Lighting = None, Ambient Info = OFF, Emitter Brightness = 100%, Color Temp = 2800K, Enviroment Light from other background - Sky-39

Edited by cad@sggsa

Now that they can be saved, perhaps it is time to start sharing the usefull Render Styles on this forum, unfortunately there is no header for Render Style in the sharing section..... In time I will make sure I post mine (under the Sketch Styles section until there is a Render Style Section. Adding images of each style will make things easier for others.)

Edited by Vincent C