Render Farms

bcd

I'm starting a project that will have a significant rendering component. It seems that even without C4D there is an opportunity to pass a VWX file to a Render Farm using Export>C4D.

Has anyone had experience/success/issues doing this?

Do you have any recommendations for a RF? Pitfalls etc?

Thanks

k

I have not used a render farm but it seems like a fairly straightforward process, once you are happy with how it looks in C4D. My usual process when bringing a file into c4d is to adjust textures and texture mapping, adjust lighting.

C4D has much more nuanced lighting and texturing options than Vw does. I do a lot of replacing out metals, fabrics and such, for better C4D textures. Then tweak the lighting and prepare it for global illumination if necesarry/warranted. Frame your shots the way you want them to be and specify your output resolution, etc.

At that point I would consider the file ready for the renderfarm, as they are really only providing the massive upscale in processing speed that most people don't have.

Depending on your requirements I would be happy to take a look at your file and work with you on it.

That's a fascinating idea. I never would have thought of that - using the export as C4D to go directly to a render farm, and skipping actually bringing it into C4D first. That might open up a whole new world of possibilities to someone who doesn't own C4D. I wonder if it would work? And how well/smooth? I'd be interested in hearing about how it went, if you do do it.

Thanks.

Monandoc