How to extract image from existing texture?

Christiaan

Christiaan,

If you are using the procedural shader as opposed to an image shader than you cannot export the texture as an image directly. The only way is to create a panel in front elevation, render, then save as image.

If you are using an image shader than this should be added as a image texture which can then be saved off to your desktop. You would navigate to that texture in the RB then

Extract Image(s)

Opens the Browse for Folder (Windows) or Export Image File (Macintosh) dialog box to save a .png file extracted from the selected resource

To extract images from all image-based textures, Renderworks backgrounds, and image resources in the current document, execute this command with no resources selected.

Then you can edit as you need in your fav image editor

As soon as I start playing around with the sizes (bricks are 215 x 65 here) it all goes mushy. I must me getting something wrong with size. There's a size field in the main window set to 100 mm. I changed this but it didn't help much. The shader looks fine in the Colour setting window.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6622&filename=mush2.png

[img:right]http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6623&filename=colour.png[/img]

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6624&filename=bump.png

[img:right]http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6625&filename=texture.png[/img]

Hi,

I've played arround with your File.

The mush shows only in Open GL. FRW FQRW and so on show the Texture.

I adjusted the texture.

I have no clear idea why the Shader has a

- Size field on the Main window, a

- Scale Factor (%) on the Shader WIndow of the and again

- input Fields for Brick Sizes.

I adjusted the Texture by editing all those fields kind of randomly.

The Size Input field on the Texture is somehow monitored by the Plugin if the

Input makes sense .... ????

I would appreciate a clarification from the Nemetschek Maxon Team

how these Fields work together.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The size field does control the size of the preview square within the shader editor for Tiles and Noise shaders, however, in 2012, there was a change for the Brick shader editor in that the values were supposed to be just real world and therefore the size field should not mess it up. Maybe some clarification from Dave D would be useful.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes there is an interaction between the Edit Texture Size field and the bricks still. There shouldn't be - the whole idea of changing the bricks dimension to be self-contained was so that people could say what size bricks they want and the texture size would not affect that. Anyway if the blurry grout shows up in a RW rendering then the Texture Size should be set closer to the object size. For example the default texture size of 1" can show the blurry grout lines if the bricks are say 1' or so. In that case the texture size should be made bigger to get rid of the blurry edges.

If this is OpenGL only then a somewhat blurry texture is expected - for shader-based textures VW uses the thumbnail shown in the Resource Browser to render the texture in OpenGL. Since shaders can repeat infinitely they cannot be shown well in OpenGL as images unless the images go on for a very long way to hide the repeats.