Command History

No Way to clear the clipboard but you can clear the undo history.Dave---------------------------------Procedure ClearUndos;{Clears the undo history}VARYes:BOOLEAN;BEGINSysbeep;Yes:=YNDialog('Are you sure you want to clear the undo history?');If Yes THENBEGINUndoOff;END;

END;Run (ClearUndos);

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

> ...VW slows if the undo setting is above a dozen or so.

This is generally not true. A higher undo setting can require more memory, which may have virtual memory implications if you're bumping up against that limit, but with plenty of RAM there is no technical reason why the undo setting would affect general performance.

> If I have 6 drawings open, then is that threshold basically an average of 2 per drawing, for a _total_ of 12 undo's?

The "maximum number of undos" setting applies to each document (each document would record a maximum of 12 user actions in your example).

Mark FarnanCore Technologies and Imaging ManagerNemetschek NA

Technically speaking, I understand completely what you're saying. From a programming standpoint -- I'm not just a pencil pusher -- I see no effect of an undo setting on realtime performance. However, people have noticed the slowdown, and Katie acknowledges this. What I want to know is how the developers have designed the undo setting WRT multiple open documents.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

People can experience a slowdown with a higher undo setting, as Katie has confirmed, but any such slowdown would be virtual memory-related and would only appear intermittently when modifying large parts of a large drawing that was having trouble fitting into available RAM.

With respect to multiple open documents, the "maximum number of undos" setting applies to each document. A simple test of this would be to change your undo setting to 6, open 2 new documents and draw 8 rectangles in each, then undo repeatedly in one of the documents until you reach the "No more undo history" message. You should notice that 6 of the 8 rectangles are removed. You can repeat this process and see the same results in the other document.

Mark FarnanCore Technologies and Imaging ManagerNemetschek NA