Edit Revision Data dialogue window: default selection should be latest rev

Christiaan

Question

When you open the Edit Revision Data dialogue window the latest revision should be at the top and the default selection should be the latest revision, not the oldest one.

At the moment if you have a lot of revisions and you're editing the latest one you have to scroll down and select the latest one before you can start editing. Waste of time.

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=6581&filename=revision.png

12 answers to this question

automatic Sheet Borders, Titleblocks etc. are quite good

What about Create Standard Viewports? We tried it on a test job with multiple stories we are dabbling with, but it seemed to create the viewports miles away from the sheet borders and we had to move them all back by hand!

automatic Sheet Borders, Titleblocks etc. are quite good

What about Create Standard Viewports? We tried it on a test job with multiple stories we are dabbling with, but it seemed to create the viewports miles away from the sheet borders and we had to move them all back by hand!

I think that's because your objects in the design layers aren't around the center of your document. If you moved your origin, Set it back to the original. When a viewport is made, it looks at the this original origin to position itself on a sheet layer.

Are you finding the automatic Sheet Borders, Titleblocks, revisioning etc worth while? Wondering if it's worth the trouble to set up our regular sheets (with plain old Record Formats) as custom sheet borders / title blocks?

I would recomend using them. Once you have set up all, it's very easy to use and it's a lot faster.

The sheet number and name can automaticly be filled in, very good when you want to renumber your sheets.

In combination with a worksheet, you can fill in the title blocks very fast!

You can also download my UpdateTitleBlock command for updating the date and filename of all titleblocks.

When a viewport is made, it looks at the this original origin to position itself on a sheet layer.

Yes my colleague had drawn the building at the real world Ordnance Survey coordinates, when it is better to model at the origin and then reference to the OS position.

Odd that there is a feature to centre the Sheet Border on the Page Boundary, but nothing to centre an automatically-created Viewport in the same place!

I would recomend using them. Once you have set up all, it's very easy to use and it's a lot faster. The sheet number and name can automaticly be filled in, very good when you want to renumber your sheets. In combination with a worksheet, you can fill in the title blocks very fast!

Thanks Dieter. Do you use Drawing Registers (issue sheets) in Belgium? http://needleandmortar.com/wiki/Drawing_register

Can these be created on a Worksheet?

Thanks Dieter. Do you use Drawing Registers (issue sheets) in Belgium? http://needleandmortar.com/wiki/Drawing_register

Can these be created on a Worksheet?

Some architects do. At the office I work at the moment, we don't use them but I have used them at my previous work. Didn't do them in VW at that time because other poeple had to work with it and they couldn't work with VW.

It should be possible to make it with a worksheet, The only thing I'm not sure you can get right is the latest revision number. Should check it out. But maybe it can be done with the ODBC features of VW?