changing class attributes across multiple files

You can import the classes into each document. You still have to open each document but you don't need to manually make the changes.

Tools > Organization > Classes Tab > New > Import Classes (UNcheck "Show only classes that are not in the current document" > Select the classes....

I bet there's a way to script it. You might try asking this question in the VS forum.

MK

You can import the classes into each document. You still have to open each document but you don't need to manually make the changes.

Tools > Organization > Classes Tab > New > Import Classes (UNcheck "Show only classes that are not in the current document" > Select the classes....

I bet there's a way to script it. You might try asking this question in the VS forum.

MK

DANGER! Be aware that by using import classes that already exist to override the attributes, you loose all your visibilities in all viewports!

I once needed this and it works really great for having more than one custom look, but the one and only downside to it is losing the visibilities in viewports, which makes it unusable. So I had to go with another way which works for us.

We have a number of drawings (possible hundreds) all are using same basic set-up for classes, layers. Is there a way to simplify changing these class attributes without opening each and every file and doing this over and over again?

I have made a script that looks at the attributes off classes and change them according to some criterea.

Can you tell us what and how you want to change them? Maybe you can use this script too. Then I'll post it on this forum.

The script can only be used per document. But maybe someone with sdk knowledge can help transform it so that it can be done on multiple files?

Also it uses a text file where I put all color transformations in. So you will need to know which color will be transformed to which. I use this command for switching our office style from standard to sober and back. So we use certain colors for the standard and other for the sober one. Can you think about how you want to change the attributes in more detail? Maybe I can change the script to something more your needs.

I will clean the script and post it.