Grade, Swale, Foundation, Framing & Stairs

Fair effort but I Think you missed an opportunity to present some useful data to potentual clients...presenting Siteworks/Data is a shooin on projects mate

No offence, Robert,As for this

what use is this data to AEC industry...

IMO,Clients are concerned about Geo/Foundations they dont care sqwat about Framing and bolts nor views of rendered foundations....5-10 years ago they would spend equal amounts on the geo/data or rendering (The'd bitch about paying 1% x project costs on geo/data.Its funny hows thing have changed geo/data is now worth 5-25%).

Your tube videos are free->Entertaining->No Data value->Worthless?....LOL I could say Roberts lost the plot on AEC data.Clients are staved of useful data,while NNA are only focused on Noodle renderings...try coupling the 2 together... then slice dice and serve it up...give them a taste only...HTH

i do not understand. are you talking about adding worksheets to show volume of concrete etc?

if so, my client (the architect) has not wanted this feature, even though i have tried to get him to do it.

something about him getting sucked into estimating if he were to provide quantities.

everything shown in the video are items my client wants control over, hence i do.

do you by chance have a program called "ScreenFlow"?

Look I was doing what you'r doing 10 years ago(with lousy worksheets/scripts).. that ship sailed. Extract the data that you want to show in VW's you can also paste static data in-get the gist.

Nowdays VW is opened alongside excel/Maplesim and everything is choreographed and controlled .Im not entirely sure but its something to do with the psychology of digging holes clients/Architects get worried about throwing money into it.....to me thats opportunity.Respect your Architect wishes and find other clients.ScreenFlow? Nowdays I dont hustle for clients nor do I give money away

Theres no money in Noodles mate....the book has already hit the discount bins.I think he's gone about it the wrong way in Photographing the plain noodles he could have modelled/rendered-> derive the equation.....Calculus (Volume & Surface Area)-> .05c/kg worth of flour? & $1600/oz Gold leaf?-> Donate to Marco Polo museum ($TaxBreak offset)

• 4 weeks later...
Very impressive video! Only wish you had gone a bit slower. Enjoyed your capability.

I liked the video and modeling too, I'm still not exactly sure how it's done- I've barely dipped my toe into DTM so that would explain my lack of comprehension, but still, I get the concept. I agree with others that sometimes you have to decide what exactly is worth modeling and more specifically who is gonna pay for that? hehe.

Digitalmechanics didn't you used to have a bunch more videos on youtube? I found myself watching a few of these in the past, now it seems you have only three.

I agree with others that sometimes you have to decide what exactly is worth modeling and more specifically who is gonna pay for that? hehe.

LOL, I guess we're all guilty at some point of modelling (useless data) to the nth degree....when all thats required is "couple enough real data to the model to do the deal".DTM now fits that criteria for engineers, the Brisbane Floods have highlighted the short comings of Architectural/Landscape BIM. Providing immence opportunities and interesting times ahead for Civil/Structural engineers and their models/simulations. You want to make sure that your model and their model is the same because there's an estimated $5 billion in DTM/Data/flow-on work in the East-Coast of Australia alone? Nows that opportunity,Bad Luck,tho maybe not for you?

digital,

I have tried many times to do what you show in your video, only to have the DTM do something unexpected that can't be rectified.

Hmmm.. I know that feeling.Solution,Find alternate methods that verifies the data,

1. 3 points that converge (Math solution)...or

2. Embed a spreadsheet.

Its fine to say you'r "The Leader in Site Design" if at the start of the race you're the first off the blocks..Its Real Engineers/Projects/Data that will carry you over the finish Line First.Heed my advice

hello all, been busy but will try to explain how i did the modeling etc

BuildingDesignConsultants, I'm still not sure i understand your posts. it seems that your trying to tell me what is the best info to provide clients. as i said before, my client is an architect. i have been with him for 7 years. everything you see in the video are the items that he wants control of. he is the one who makes the decisions when and if we call in site engineers etc. so i do not understand the purpose of your posts.