Containers/Legends

cvdub

Hey Sparkies,

I am working on a plot in Vectorworks and I m having a few problems.

1) I created a legend for ERS units that is supposed to have a circle container around the channel number (using VW Legend Label Manage,) but when the label is assigned and the instrument refreshed, the circle container ends up in a random place on the entirely wrong part of the drawing but the channel is in the correct position. Anyone know what is causing this?

2) As I try to select and move individual parts of the label (color or channel) the entire instrument moves with it. I know that a blue selection square should appear, but I'm only able to see a red selection square as it selects the whole label and instrument together. How can I individually select and move just the channel or the color?

3) I (stupidly) used the scenic designer's VW file and added new layers for my lighting positions and layout, but I think they may have somehow changed the axis of the drawing. The X,Y compass on the bottom left indicated that the Y is on the horizontal plane. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just suffer through since my plot is almost done?

Thanks in advance!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

cvdub,

Check the symbol that is is use in your Label Legend. Select the symbol and choose fit to objects. You want to check to see that size of the selections looks correct and that there is nothing making the symbol look taller or wider than you expect.

As for moving the labels, do you see the blue handles over each label when the lighting device is selected? If the handles are not there you probably have Interactive Scaling disabled. To enable it activate the 2D selection tool and click the 2nd button in the mode bar.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible that the content of your container symbol is not centered? Try to edit the 2D Component in the Container Folder (Resource Browser) of the used Container (e.g. Circle) and check, if this one is out of center. Since you got the file from someone else you can't know what they've accidentally changed :D (Happened to me already twice)