Multiple users on single file

As far as I know there is no way to have multiple people work on the exact same file simultaneously. However, you can create a project that contains multiple files that use Design Layer Viewports to reference data back and forth between them. These files can all be worked on simultaneously and the references can be updated whether or not each of the files are open.

We typically create the main model from a single file and then break out other disciplines such as structural, HVAC, electrical, and interior sheets into separate files.

If you are generating building elevations in viewports from a model you could reference all of your model layers into another file and generate the elevations from that file.

Live sections can also be done this way but you may have to manually draft your plan section marks. I'm not finding any way to get a plan building section mark created by a viewport section in one file to reference into a sheet layer viewport of another file. In a design layer viewport in another file, yes, but not into sheet layer. Hence, manually draft the marks for now.

Details of course are almost always broken out into separate files with reference only design layer viewports. You can still create cropped sections from your model for use as background but details are largely independently drafted.

I'm sure you will find lots of different organizational methods the more people you talk to.

Joe

Thank you very much for your (prompt!) advise. I will run this up the flag pole and see if it is a workable solution.

Another option we have been exploring is using Apple Remote Desktop, will using a single workstation as a drone for multiple users. If I get and good info about this I will report back.

Thanks again,

John