Uh oh! Shim Gap Space in VW2012 Elevations...

Farookey

Alright!!!

Maybe it's in front of me and I can't see it... But I think it's best I ask now before pulling my hair out!

Having a look at VW2012 and some of it's new features, and although I am relatively impressed with some of the changes in the door and window plug-ins, I have found (and hopefully I am missing something) that the space for the shim gap can be seen in elevations. Although this has been partially on my wish list in order to snap to the rough opening in elevational views, I would prefer NOT TO SEE the actual gap in the views.

Hopefully it's just a setting that can be turned on and off, and not how it is MEANT to be!

I have attached visuals if you are wondering what I'm on about!

Awaiting your responses...

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This is done by design.

The Show Shim Gap button only controls the Top/Plan visibility of the gap. That's why the check is labeled "Show Shim Gap in Plan"

It is always shown in 3D views. This way the hole in the wall exactly matches the specification given - the object's overall width plus the shim gap.