VW 2010 Rendering "Out Of Memory" Error

JeffUA

Hi All, I've been trying different rendering modes but have been getting an Out of Memory error, so I'm looking for some help.

The drawing is entirely drawn with VW 2010 Spotlight, using the ESP Vision Pre-Visualization symbols (which I normally use for 3D work and have never given me any problems). Other than the standard lighting instrument symbols, the drawing has some extrudes for staging elements, trusses drawn using Spotlights truss tool, and a couple VW light sources. I can use Renderworks, OpenGL, wireframe and artistic fine, but the various polygon modes and Hidden Line modes always hit the error message during the "Building List" step. The file is about 80MB. I've had the problem on all my machines, but my main drawing machine's specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Intel i5-2500k 3.3ghz Quad

MSI P67 Mobo

16GB of 1600 DDR3 RAM

Radeon 5770 w/ 1gb vRAM

Hope someone can let me know whats going on here, thanks in advance for the help.

It's odd that it works in RW and OpenGL...

My first guess would be a self-intersecting sweep in a lighting symbol. Especially with v2010.

You might try separating the drawing into multiple layers: scenery, trusses, venue, lights, etc. and render just one layer at a time (in a viewport or in the design layer) until it fails.

This will quickly narrow down the list of culprits.

hth

mk