Locus snapping

With 'snap to Locus' on, I get a 'Align V' / 'Align H' whenever I'm on the 2D symbol's bounding box (like when you're on the locus crosshairs when editing a symbol). If the symbol is a rectangle, it's nearly impossible to grab a corner.

With 'snap to Locus' off, I get 'Object' (I have the Object constraint on, BTW, and no other constraint) whenever passing over the symbol bounding box.

In either case, the midpoint / centre of an object in that symbol will, when snapped to, say 'Centre' instead of 'Locus', as is the case when snapping to component objects' corners. In VW8, all object snaps to a symbol would say 'Locus'. With 9.5.1, there is an inconsistency in what is displayed when snapping to such a point in a symbol. I'd much prefer descriptive snaps such as 'Centre' instead of saying 'Locus' (as was done in v8).

Ok, In version 9, you should be getting an Object prompt whenever you are over a generic bit of line, locus when you are over a point, and a center prompt when you are at a midpoint of a segment.

In version 8 you should only have a locus prompt for all of the smart cursor locations in the symbol.

The Align V/H cues are an entirely separate feature.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support

The more descriptive cursor cues wouldn't be brought BACK; they're partially already in place (accidentally, though). As for just BASIC cursor cues (everything tagged as 'Locus', for example) as opposed to Align V/H, snapping cues weren't listed as being revised from v8, so why would the code for it have changed?

No. The only constraint I have turned on is the 'Object' constraint; occasionally I temporarily turn on the Intersection constraint.

I am familiar with the feature to which you're referring, but it's not that one. The behavior is exactly like editing a symbol, with locus objects placed hither and thither.

I have it a bit better pinned down now. It happens when the symbol contains a rectangle (possibly a polygon; I don't know yet). If there are nothing but lines, it doesn't happen.

With the exception of this new flaw, I do appreciate being able to snap to non-endpoint points on a line or polyline. Fix the bug, and I'll be able to snap to any point on a circle or rectangle, too. Cool.

This applies to symbols, but in v8, layer link objects worked the same way. What should I expect in v9 when I start w-ref'ing in it?