REfresh on crashing issues

Is there any possibility that the way a drawing is drawn, set up, organized could contribute to consistant, constant, frequent crashing. of the computer. The crashing is in the form of a freeze of Vectorqworks. There is no message but nothing is happening. I have waited ten minutes sometimes and nothing is unsticking so it is definitely a crash. I can still for the most part force quit VW although sometimes I have a full system freeze and have to restart the computer. This is the same problem reported previously whihc I thought I hade fixed with an updaed Vid card driver and increased memory etc etc and OS 9.2.2 etc etc. It is back.

I have been working since 8:30am and it is now 10:00 am and I have crashed no less then 5 times losing about 45 minutes workl. This is counter productive. These crashing issues are losing our company money

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Joe, Do you get an error message when you "crash" ?

Have you installed any other things on your computer from the time it worked, to now when it is not working?

Are you using the same set of extensions?

How much mem do you have allocated for the min and preferred?

If you're using 8.5.2, then it's just part of the program's typical behavior -- on the Mac, at least. If you're working too quickly for VW to keep up, it often gets confused. I, myself, have slowed down to wait for commands to finish being executed (prior to upgrading to OSX) before continuing. Zooming was especially problematic. Slowing down eliminated half my crashes.

Another thing to try, since it solves several unrelated problems, is to scrub the drawing. Copy and paste everything into a fresh drawing. Layer by layer, if needs be.

Apparently, VW has some weird realtime undo history, so don't set the undo changes too high. Above 12, it slows down the program.