Vectorworks 2012 slow and laggy?

dahard

• 2 months later...

I am having a similar 'problem' on a 12 core mac its takes an split second to redraw a vector after first previewing as a lower res line. Its annoying and I can't seem to find out if this is the way its supposed to work or not. We only use it for 2D

Machine is

12 core Mac Pro mid 2012

12 gb ram

Radeon 5870 upgraded.

A bit disappointing seeing as we have seen the old version 12 running on an old mac pro PPC without this 'feature' .

We also ran VW 2012 on another intel Mac Pro just a quad core, it had a similar delay between redrawing, thats why we then purchased a top of the range one after reading the performance guides on Nemetsteks website. We hoped the delay would be gone, but alas no just slightly improved.

Here 2012 runs smooth and fast. A lot of modeling and drawing, no complaints. Rarely crash. MacBooks, iMacs and Mac Pros. For me, best versi?n since 2008, even better than 2008.

Mac Os 10.7.3

Mac Pro Octa 2.8 / 8Gb Ram

Vw 2012 Designer Sp3

Hi , we upgraded from old version 12.5 straight to VW 2012 (on a new machine)

As you are saying it is running smooth and fast for you, please could you tell me if there is a delay on your screen when re-drawing lines.

For example When I zoom out on a simple circle and zoom in again it takes a split second to draw a preview line then re-draw with the vector.

I cant work out if its designed to work like this or if its because of a bug.

There are no other issues, no crashes so far or the pinwheel . Just this slow redraw. Much less fluid than the old version 12 or 12.5 for us.

Thanks

Edited by peacockit
  • 4 weeks later...