Modifying Saved Sheets

I don't seem to be able to modify saved sheet characteristics by:

Resources Palette > Saved Sheets > Enter (or double click)

Changes aren't saved. Also class list only displays the top (root) class. I can't remember how 8.5.2 did this, and don't have it installed at the moment, so I can't check. But it doesn't look right.

Am I missing something?

Carl Burns

Carl, if I understand your question correctly, here is how to modify a saved sheet (which is just a custom layer/class visibility): Go to the SAVED SHEETS button at the bottom of your screen and select EDIT SHEETS. Then select the sheet you would like to edit. A window will open which lets you make visible (or not) any layer or class you wish, etc. I hope this is what you needed :-) PLC

Another way to edit saved sheets-Go to the Window menu to Script Palettes to Saved Sheets. On Mac, while holding down the option key double on the sheet to edit it.Can't remember if it's the same for Windows.

You can also do a command X to delete a saved sheet and command c ,command v to copy and paste a sheet as well.

Dave

Thanks for your quick replies.

I didn't get the right question across though. I've no trouble accessing the Edit Sheets palette, either through the Saved Sheets, or Resources palettes...

The problem is (to be more specific): there appears to be no way to (via Edit Sheets) set the Active Class to a class which has (hyphenated) sub-classes. For example: exst-struct; exst-floor; etc. The Edit Sheets palette doesn't display the sub classes, and Active Class can only be set to a class which stands alone (has no sub classes). When a class with sub classes is selected, the change isn't saved.

Perhaps 8.5.2 was the same way. Can't remember. This is the same issue as "How could one toggle through the class structure, as it's a tree, not a line"

- Carl