DWG into Design Layer not Sheet Layer?

lateafternoon

Question

Hi All,

Struggled with this issue in previous versions of VW, not just V2012.

When a single DWG is imported most of the drawing goes directly to the Sheet Layer, and is thus un-editable. Can't copy and paste it out of the Sheet Layer, my old work around. Bits and pieces go to the Design Layer, but not the entire drawing.

Am I missing something in the import settings? Is this a preset condition from the DWG's creator?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Best, N

Version: LANDMARK V2012

RAM: 9 GB

Processor Type: DUOL-CORE XENON INTEL

3 answers to this question

I don't know why you can't copy/paste from the Sheet layer. Maybe the items came in locked? But even then they should be selectable, and say "locked" in the OIP. Have you tried Force Selecting an item? Are they on the actual Sheet Layer, or inside a Viewport on the Sheet Layer? I would make sure all the Design Layers are turned on. And check their Scale settings. Im my experience, the only times objects come in on a Sheet Layer is if the original file had them drawn in Paper Space, instead of Model Space, in ACAD. This is common for dimensions, etc. It was also an older trick some draftspersons used to draw details (out of scale and therefore useless). Don't ask why. It sounds like the person(s) you received the files from have a habit of drawing a lot of things in Paper Space.

Monadnoc