Anyone fancy selling their UK 2011 licence?

I am stuck using VW on my 2011 Mac with Lion and we use VW Architect 2010 which crashes if you even show it to the machine. As I use my own machine (not the companies) I can't really insist they buy it for me.

Until now I have been running 2010 in a Parallels/Snow Leopard Server virtual machine, which is a bit like drawing using 20ft long pencils. It is pretty irritating that there is no service pack for a year-old software package that costs thousands of pounds.

I have been testing 2012 but the features that come with the upgrade are not worth paying to upgrade purely so I can use the software on my machine. We only draw in 2D on VW, so all the new 3D stuff is pointless for us.

So does anyone have a licence they aren't using that they want to sell?

Why are you running 2010 in Parallels? Is it just to run on 10.6 and avoid 10.7? I run 2010 equally as well as 2011 on Lion. If you are getting crashes as you say then something is wrong with the install not the version - ie equally as likely to happen with 2011.

However I dont push 2010 as hard as I push 2011 but I think the few issues are well documented and most issues will also affect 2011.

Surely the cost of an additional copy of 2011 is going to be far higher than the cost of upgrading your copy of 2010 to 2012?

flame, one of our local users was having problems with Lion. The problems stopped occurring after she made sure all of her software was up to date and then ran Disk Utility. Try this:

- Quit all Applications.

- Use Apple Software Update on the Apple menu to get your OS up to date.

- Start Vw and use Vectorworks Check for Updates to get your Vectorworks software up to date. Quit Vw after doing this.

- Use Disk Utility to Verify Permissions.

- Use Disk Utility to Repair Permissions.

- Restart your computer.

If after doing this you are still having problems try resetting Vw's Preferences via the Reset button in the bottom LH corner of the Vectorworks Preferences dialog box.

The other possibility is that there may be some conflict with another program so try running Vw only for a while.