Vectorworks & Maya

SonnyLuong

Hello everyone,

Anyone of you guys know an effective way to exchange files between Vectorworks and Maya? I like to export my building out of Vectorworks and import it into Maya for a more sophisticated lighting and materials options, and also have it animated. Anyone knows how? Greatly appreciated if you know how and can show me. Sonny

Hallo,

You can export your Files as 3ds and/or dwg.

Maya can open these Formats.

I know people who do their Construction Work (mostley 2d) for Events in Autocad, and then model and animate (most of the 3D work) in Maya.

Websearch with interesting result:

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/sota/IT_tutorial_web_site/vectorworks/eamesChair_project/vectorworks_Eames_Chair_Project.htm

But as you have your Model all-ready, check out which Format works best for the work that has to be done in Maya

Horst M.

Edited by Horst M.

Have you ever done this before? I've tried to export my model as dwg format to 3ds Max. It works great, however, I can't run Max on my Mac platform! I then tried to import the very same file into Maya, but the darn thing kept giving me an "error reading" message!!! What the heck is the problem? Do you know?