printer scaling issues 9.5.1

Am having problems printing a number of files to our OceTDS400 since upgrading to VWX 9.5.1. Regardless of how I set the scaling and page setup, they keep printing out at 50% even though the page is the correct size. I am running OS9.1 using carbonLib 1.5 and Laserwriter Z28.7

I have tried lowering the resolution and have checked all the layers for scaling and transfer mode. The IT guys have found nothing wrong with the network and had no problems sending the same files from a Windows VWX 9.1. Any ideas?

There are two places where you can set the scaling percentage.

If you go to File>Page Set up -

In the drop down box switch it to VectorWorks. THere is a scaling percentage there as well as the resolution.

The other place you can set the scaling percentage when you go to File>Print under Page Attributes drop down, there is a scaling percentage there. Check both places to see if you have a scaling percentage of 50% there. If so, change them to 100% to get a 100% print.

If Katie's response doesn't help... neither will mine, but I know what you're talking about. I recently set up an older computer to plot to our large-format, but it kept coming out at 50%. He has OS8.6, and VW8.5.1, I believe CarbonLib 1.4, but I didn't spend time on it.

Are you using the same printer description file to build the desktop printer? Has the file been changed?

• 4 weeks later...

I have encountered erratic print scaling issues from VW 9.5.1 where a user would print using Laserwriter 8 to our HP LaserJet 8000 with the Page Setup setting at 50% (VW tab setting at 100%) to an 11x17, and landscape orientation. The print comes out all scrunched in the top upper left hand corner of the page. This is not consistent. Some users get it from time to time while others do not. I can open the file and print it without issue from Mac OS X 10.1.5 and VW 9.5.1 (and 9.5.2). It appears it is only a Mac OS 9.2.2 issue on newer G4 Quicksilvers. I have tried various settings, various scales, new files etc... the only solution is to copy and paste the drawing into a new file and it prints fine. Weird. I will continue to look into this further...

SLaroye ,

If you have a version of CarbonLin prior to version 1.5, please update to carbonLib 1.5 as this was a problem with previous versions of carbon lib.

If you don't know what version you have, it is an extension and you should be able to tell the version from the extensions folder.

Thanks for the suggestion Katie. However, all my machines have CarbonLib v1.5. I suspect it is something within the file. The user can copy/paste into a new VW file and print without problem. I am checking whether this is still an issue with VW Arch 9.5.1 vs. 9.5.2 and Mac OS 9.1 vs. 9.2.2 - I have not seen it with Mac OS X 10.1.4 or 10.1.5.