Rotating 3D Objects

Can anyone advise me on how to rotate 3D objects. I currently have a 3D model which won't rotate when in Front View. I have modelled in 'Front View' and when I use the 3D Rotate tool it tells me 'hybrid objects can only be rotated about the perpendicular to the ground plan.' It then asks if I want to set the ground plan. However I can't seem to change the ground plan to enable me to rotate the objects in 'Front View'. Can anyone help as I am really stuck! Thanks.

You won't be able to rotate individual hybrid objects like walls when not in plan view, as the message suggests. This is because you would not be able to maintain the link between the 2D and 3D portions of the object. If you need to rotate a hybrid element in 3D you will have to ungroup it and sacrifice the pure 2D element. Simple extrudes, sweeps, or any other 3D object that looks the same in plan as it does in iso or other can be rotated however you please.

If it is just a different view you are looking for you can use the Flyover or other View tools to change orientation.