Class and Layer Mapping, Prefixes and Export

grant_PD

Question

12 answers to this question

This can be done as part of "Import DWG". But I don't know of a way to do it in a native VW's file. One thing that may save some time is, as you are changing the first class, copy the "z-". Then in all subsequent classes all you need to do is double click to open, click cursor to beginning, hit command/control-V, then hit return key...

Have a look here

http://www.vectordepot.com/plug-ins/

Prefix Classes

I used to use this when importing dwg files back in VW 11 and 12 I think

Just installed it in VW 2012 and it seems to work - be careful

Copy your workspace maybe and try in a file that is not important

Would be good if a VS genius could re write this and provide a dialogue you could choose the classes to add the prefix too

Unless of course if there is an existing way

Edited by Ozzie

I've downloaded it and will give it a try, thanks!

VS seems to be a major opening for a lot of the menial tasks that the average user wants to do. It's a shame that it's a scripting language, and not a graphical language. There's a language in C4d called xpresso I think, that one can program using flowchart style icons. That would be very very cool.

I know this post is old, but I'm wondering if this was ever a feature that was added to the wish list? The link in the previous post no longer works. I'm having to import a load of mapping data and DWGs and this would help me tidy up the large amounts of classes rather than going though them individually?