Sign in to follow this  
Carl Newton

Drawings have changed scale/size

I have been working on a drawing over the past 2 years and I have just noticed the drawings on each layer have changed in size? the building has gone from 7.414m to 7.126, the lintels from 225 to 215mm and the beams from 350 to 334mm.

All the drawings I have done over the last week are no longer valid as I have been working on false data. Has this re-sizing happened to anybody ells?

The 'out of scale' factor is pretty consistent and my guess is that at some stage you have inadvertently scaled the 'Entire Drawing' when you have tried to scale an object. What you need to do is rescale the whole drawing again so that you get everything back to being the right size.

You are not the first person to do this and you won't be the last. I know a user who does this regularly because of the failure to get it that the when 'Entire Drawing' is check marked this means that everything in the drawing will be scaled.

That is what I thought but it has happened on about 15 separate layers, I don't think it is possible to rescale all objects on different layers at the same time?

I can assure you (from personal experience) that it is possible!

There is a check box to "Scale entire drawing". And it works.

It may be possible, using 2-way worksheets, to list and correct at least some of the the errant objects.