Object Constraint Error While Attempting to Join Walls

Arkitekt

When I attempt to join two walls using the Join tool, I receive an error message saying "This editing operation cannot be performed because of constraints on one or more objects involved." The error occurs with walls existing in the file, as well as newly created walls. If I use the "Edit Constraints" command while the walls are selected, I receive a message saying "The object does not have any parametric constraints."

It should be noted that this error is occurring in only one particular file. Another person in the office is having the same problem with the same file, however, other users in the office do not get the error using the file.

Has anyone encountered a error similar to this? If so, could you advise how to resolve it. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I have the same problem. cant join walls at all

when i try it i get an error response regarding constrains

and i do not have any constraints at all.

i tried drawing new walls and join them and the same error is happening again.

pleas pleas if any one knows how to solve this it would be a saving

thanks

• 4 years later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
8 minutes ago, Alejandra Escalante said:

What I can do when I appear: "This editing operation can not be performed because of constraints on one or more objects involved" when joining walls? How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

This can be a few things, but if you HAVE used the Constraint tool, select the walls and then you can remove the constraints with Modify > Edit Constraints.

If that says you didn't use any, then normally backing off the walls other ends from their joins and making sure you dont have a bunch of overlapping walls or joins resolves the issue. If not, you can post those walls in a file and I can have a look.