clip surfaces

I have been trying to clip a concentric circle of 50mm radius from a surrounding octogon of 55 mm radius, but VW simply refuses to comply.

any other size is fine......

offset the circle slightly and again its fine..

but under the above constraints... absolute refusal.

I have had to resort to extruding the two shapes and subtracting the resulting cylinder. The result is the same, but is this problem confined to my machine?? rolleyes.gif" border="0

Dellboy, This is something I have been able to duplicate. I am inquiring with the engineers as to why this is happening. I was able to clip a circle with a radius of 40mm. That was about as big of a circle that would be sucessful at being clipped from a polygon (octagon) with a diameter of 110mm.

As soon as I hear something, I will let you know.

A possible workaround if you are using this shape to create a 3D extrusion anyway: convert the circle to a polygon. The clip will then be performed. You can control the number of segments in the polygon conversion by setting your 2D conversion resolution in preferences. When you extrude, the circle would have been converted to a polygon anyway, unless you are using NURBS.