Top of Wall Capping and Draw Order

Zhin

Hi,

Top of Walls:

Does anyone know how I can get the same effect of wall caps using the wall tool, albeit on top of the wall so that it can be seen in a section viewport?

This means that you can use the outer components of a wall to cap the top face of it.

Otherwise, I'd have to draw something over it in section viewports.

Draw Order:

Also, I have some difficulty bringing stronger lineweights to the front in my section viewport. The core component of the wall, despite having a greater lineweight, seem to be tucked behind the plaster (outer components). Why is there a draw order for section viewports in the first place?

Regards,

Zhin.

You can't set the drawing order of walls.

The general drawing order is from which objects are behind others etc...

To solve this problem, I override my classes in a section viewport to have the same line color and thickness. This way it look ok.

For your capping of the top of the wall: I would use a wall and a slab combined. Set the wall components to extend a certain height and set the slab components to extend to so that all fits together.

Hi DWorks,

Drawing Order:

By this you mean I'd have to go over it again in annotation mode to make sure the lineweights stand out?

Capping:

How would you use a wall and slab combined?

As in, for a simple cement rendered brick-wall, use the wall tool for the brick-work core and the slab as the cement plaster lining?

• 11 years later...

Hi!

I was wondering if this "Top of Wall" resolution has been improved. Can wall tool have a "top end cap" "wall closure at Top" or something similar to manage how to end without having to model other objects like slabs or extrudes? Perhaps wrapping components same way wall closures at inserts.

I may be forgetting or not seeing something that already exists.

It would be nice to have a "bottom end cap" or "wall closure at bottom" too.

Thank you!

Image_1.jpg

Image_2.jpg

• Like 1