How to re-install VW 2010

jeremyb

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Jeremy

Bryan is quite right - always back up before doing anything potentially destructive to your system. And always backup anyway. And then backup some more...

But to add to that, you will find that there is no Uninstall application icon with Vectorworks,it is simply a case of dragging the folder from the Applications folder to the Trash. This does not remove your resource browser favourite links or any preference settings, as these are stored under Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/2010.

If you have made any folders for your own symbols etc, make sure they are NOT saved in Applications or you will lose them.

But I guess, even before doing this, is to ask has the crashing just started?

Has something changed on the Mac? For example, have you updated the operating system to Lion?

Do you have the latest service pack for 2010?

Do feel free to give us a call in the office if you are still having problems.

All the best and hope you are well!

Jeremy, it sounds like you may have something odd happening (believe me I know your frustrations). It may be good to get in touch with Tamsin, as she is extremely knowledgable in these matters(I mean making VW work), she knows her stuff. And lets face it she's closer to you than I am (the whole pond thing and all). And weather it's a rant or question were always here on line. But I do believe you have something funky with the software. I have experienced no real issues with 2012- its very stable .