Bases integral part of wall.

Tom Klaber

Question

It would be great if base trims could be someway associated with a wall. We commonly do flush bases. This is quite hard to model as you have to create a wall recess, then apply the base. I think it could be part of the wall style as a component or better yet, an additional option that is separate from the wall type. A you could have a few predefined options - and the ability to choose a custom profile.

7 answers to this question

On November 16, 2011 at 8:49 AM, Tom Klaber said:

It would be great if base trims could be someway associated with a wall. We commonly do flush bases. This is quite hard to model as you have to create a wall recess, then apply the base. I think it could be part of the wall style as a component or better yet, an additional option that is separate from the wall type. A you could have a few predefined options - and the ability to choose a custom profile.

@Tom Klaber- to do a flush base like this you could create a Story Level like 'Top of Wall Base', set it to 4" above the Story floor and bound the bottom edges of your gypsum wall board components to that 'Top of Wall Base' Level. Then you'd have to create a separate extrude along path to create the flush wall base itself, break it at each door opening, etc.

Which is much more complicated than being able to have trim associated with a wall or have stacking components / symbols as part of a Wall Style.

See this related thread: Wall Styles - Vertical Stacking Components

Edited by rDesign
14 hours ago, zoomer said:

I sometimes dream about having something similar on TOP of Walls.

Maybe even extending the width to create attic sheet metal covers and those things.
Having something at the bottom or the whole vertical stacking things would help me too.

I think if we get base molding - we will get crown molding too.