floor plan & pitched roofs?

So while you can fake this. What happens when you want to change the roof, you have to do a lot of actions before it looks allright again. I've downloaded a trial version of Archicad, while this is not really the program I prefer right now, the rooftool is much better in my opinion. You can even set components!! I don't understand why Nemetschek haven't upgraded this fundamental tool after all these years!

I hope this will be addressed to in a service pack release so we don't have to wait another year....

So while you can fake this. What happens when you want to change the roof, you have to do a lot of actions before it looks allright again.

Not at all, all you probably need to do more is adjust the Floor SLVP crop.

I prefer right now, the rooftool is much better in my opinion. You can even set components!!

It is indeed, on the other hand if you can't create a roof with that tool the options for a work around are very limited.....

Nice drawings! Your right, for the 3d break away drawings my method won't work. I was speaking from a 2d construction document aspect for the presentation. Here is an example:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21682894/GeneralUse/Attic%20Plan.jpg

As mentioned I could turn off the Wall-Interior class to show just the perimeter and also turn off the plumbing class, etc. I suppose I could also render the the roof plan to approximate something like your drawings. The attic floor slab is masking the area below.

On Roof Components... I've started sandwiching multiple roof objects together to make my own components. Good for creating sheathing overlapping crowns and independent soffit and construction depths. Not so easy to manipulate future edits or cutting holes, however. At this time I don't care about linking to walls. Just give me components with independent overhang extensions and end conditions (square vs plumb).

Joe

But it does.

Create a viewport and put it in an Elevation view.

Select the Viewport

Use the Create Section Viewport command to draw the section line you want.

You now have a section viewport showing a horizontal section.

I stand corrected........

I discovered this function 1 year ago... It was "Duh!" moment

There is very .. very usefull "Duh!" thread on Sketchucation forum. Actually, we could have another one for VW.. (sorry for offtopic)

http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17315&start=0

• 2 weeks later...