Paint bucket in viewport annotation?

I am trying to make placards for a set piece I made that will go on the set carts.

I have a 3d drawing of my set and I made a sheet layer with the view I want. What I am is that someone out there knows how I might be able to go into the viewport annotation and use the paint bucket tool to select areas. I do not believe this is working like that which I did not expect, but I was hoping there might be a work around. I am hoping that I could do something like this to "hightlight" pieces that go on a certain cart and so forth.

Any thought?

Matt

Matt,

This is totally doable. The secret is that you need to set the viewport's background render setting to "hidden line" and the foreground render setting to "none" then update the viewport. When you edit the annotations the paint bucket option in the Polygon tool will create shapes as you expect. Hold down shift if you want to add to a shape. When you're done creating your shapes you can change the render settings for the viewport back to anything you want.

Cheers,

Kevin

I didn't want to do the convert to lines only because it then negates the very idea of viewports if I make any major changes.

On the other note I am doing that and it does work as it should. The only bummer is that my drawing is semi detailed with a lot of things that intersect each other that is creating a lot of polygons.

I am semi on the fence if I use that or just trace over the overall geometry or similar.