Greetings all,

Question. I recently downloaded free copies of Fluxarchitect and Architectsdaughter to spiff up some drawings. Everything looked great on the screen. But when I tried to print, text and numbers wouldn't print. When I changed everything to Arial, it printed.

Are free fonts somehow different? I can't remember whether I downloaded truefont vs opentype format. Might that make a difference? Can anyone shed some light or advice on this?

Thanks in advance.

Marshall

Follow-up. I reviewed the Knowledgebase movie on this and I'd installed both fonts correctly. They are visible in VW in the dropdown window of available fonts.

I've increased the dpi to 200 on my printer.

Dimension lines print, so my lines aren't too small.

If I need to buy a font, OK. But I'd like to make sure that it will work before doing so.

Ramon had suggested saving, closing and restarting? Done. No change.

Any advice?

Marshall

In my conversation with tech support, they suggested to try the "Rasterize Text" setting the export PDF dialog. Since I am still running VW2009, I do not have that option so you may want to see if it is available to you. I can't justify the upgrade presently so I am not sure if I will ever get my font issues worked out.