Exporting 3d dxf drawing: Symbol not there

alain

Question

7 answers to this question

Did you enable the Symbols and Groups options in the Export DXF dialog (may not be as many options in older versions of VW)?

One workaround is to Cmd K (Convert to Group) the problem symbols prior to export. That usually works for me.

It's probably best to duplicate your VW file, covert the symbols and export from this new file rather than in your orig file. That way your symbol functionality is preserved in the orig. You can trash the duplicate after a successful export. Create a new duplicate any time another export is needed.

I think dwg is better at symbols and PIOs than dxf, if that's an acceptable export format.

-B

Before posting here i did try all the dxf export options susceptible to correct this situation.

Lets be serious here. Exploding my blocks? Let's figure that i have a simple house it could be "possible". But i have an entire University building to export!!! Can you figure that? Not only exploding my blocks would be a mess, but i would lose all the configuration options for those! Sorry, This is not a solution this is a workaround. I paid about $1000 for a professional software and i expect that the product will deliver what it is intend to do!!

Exporting in DWG? If i wanted DWG i would have buy autocad instead sorry. ;-)

Any other "real" solution? hehe!

Alain - Sorry this export is not working for you. The NemV literature suggests that 2011 Fundamentals has dwg export, although dxf should also work.

I created and exported a test drawing to dxf. It has walls, windows and a door. All of them exported to dxf and are visible when the dxf is opened in Draftsite. Screenshot of export settings attached.

Visibility problems are often related to class settings. Or corrupt objects. Or objects created in earlier versions of VW. Or objects imported from other software. Try creating and exporting a new, small test file with a few new door and window objects to see if is export settings or something about objects or structure of the VW file.

Good luck, keep trying.

-B