Is there a quick way to convert line colours to classes in VW 12.5

Hi guys,

First time post so please be gentle ;-)

Is there a quick way to do this which would apply to all sub-groups and symbols etc.?

It's to do with how different teams of our company exports to Artlantis: one of us assigns materials my class, the other by pen line colour (yes, I know we should all use the same process but there's too many legacy files now).

We've tried using the custom selection tool but this doesn't seem to penetrate groups etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated, a god send actually. Thanks in advance, hope yer all well.

Nick.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

When we receive files that are all of the same class (usually 'None'), is there a way to quickly class the entire file up by designating a class to each of their different pen colours?

I know that it's possible the other way round in the Class Editor.

Thanks again.

A worksheet might be easier than a script.

Create a worksheet showing all objects and give it columns for Pen Color and Class.

Make sure the database criteria setting include objects in PIOs, Groups and Symbols.

Sort the resulting database by Pen Color. Select the first line for each pen color and give it the proper class. Copy that class, select the Class cells for all the other objects with the same Pen Color and Paste.

Repeat for the other Pen Colors.