Applying Color to my 3D wall

Hi -

I'm using vectorworks architect 2011.

I'm trying to get color on my walls- I know how to get an image up there - but I'd like to "paint" some walls - 1 silver - 3 red (and just one side to make it more interesting) I can see how to apply a texture with renderworks through the object info pallet- but when I added a color to the texture (not even what I wanted to do - but working with what I can figure out) the color just went to the top of the wall not the side of the wall. I know there must be a simple way to "paint" my 3D walls?

thanks

Victoria,

Is this what you are looking for?

Click on image below.

Textures are done via the Resource Browser.

Images are for 2D object only

Textures are for 3D objects

You can "convert / import" an image to a texture

1st you need to make sure your "paint colors" are in the Resource Browser

2nd Render Tab in the Object Info Palette (OIP)

where is says Mode on the left - Select By Object

below that is says Part - Select Right

Select the wall(s)choose the inside color

Right click on the color in the Resource Browser (RB)

click Apply

For the top of the wall(s), select top from the Part section

taoist

Edited by taoist

Hi T-

How do I get a color into my resource browser?

I had gotten as far as applying a texture in the OIP render tab- but couldn't find a way to apply colors- seems it should be an option there as well? Or that there should be a way to apply color as easily as a texture?

Thanks

Victoria

Additionally,

Click on the "fill color" box of the attributes palette and there will pop up a color selection dialog box.

Click on the wrench/pencil icon at the top right of that and up will pop the Color Palette Manager where you can import new palettes to the attribute color selection. Click in the active column and a check will appear (or disappear). Whatever is checked will then be available for selection through the Attribute Palette. These colors can be overwhelming in number and minute difference but there you will find Pantone, and a lot of major brand of paint colors with their names.

Alternatively,

Check out my little contribution to the Resource Sharing Forum (textures) on this board below. Here I have contributed the Benjamin Moore colors I have turned into textures. The thread also outlined how to create your own color textures so that, for example, you can store the colors as favorites in the Resource Browser and use them directly as textures to each side of a given wall. Here's the link:

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=138348#Post138348

Good Luck.

Bradley

Edited by bc