Set Sun Position dialog box issue

IanH

Having recently moved from PC to Mac, I've got an issue with the set sun position dialog box in VW2011.

When I try and set a sun position, the dialogue box opens with a corrupted latitude : 6669022220605899817211373175606? to be precise! See first attachment.

No matter what I try and do to the dialog box, ie entering in valid values for all fields, I get an error stating: "The minute value is bad or out of range (0..59)", which it is not. See second attachment.

I don't know if the issue was cause by my migration from VW2011 PC to 2011 Mac/OSX Lion or an issue with Lion or something else. It happens all the time, no matter what the file.

Would appreciate some guidance on if/how it is possible to clear any preference that may determine the starting value for this dialog box.

Thanks

No its even new files created on Mac.

I did migrate my templates and symbol libraries though but none of them *should* contain anything created by the sun tool nor should have any preferences although thinking about it, there is a small chance that I may have UK 'localised' default for lat/long although I don't think I ever did this in 2011.

Of course, it all works fine on PC.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a bit of a lull in work so can explore this issue again

Just to reiterate the last question, any way of resetting defaults without a reinstall?

If I do do a reinstall, what do I do? Just delete VW from the apps folder - Coming from PC I'm new to OSX so its alien to me to not perform a formal uninstall.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Ian, you can reset defaults by renaming your user folder (User/Library/Application Support/Vectorworks/2011. If you rename this folder and then restart Vectorworks, it will create a new user folder.

I have no idea if this will resolve your problem. However, once you have a new user folder, you can of course restore elements from the old one, such as workspaces and other saved settings.

There is no uninstall option for Vectorworks on either the PC or the Mac, so, yes, if you do decide to uninstall, drop the Vectorworks 2011 folder from the Applications folder into the trash.

Thanks for all those that replied here and elsewhere.

Having had a chance to play further and using some of the hints supplied, I have tracked the issue down to files created only with certain templates. For all but one, I believe that these templates were all migrated from my PC - I cannot confirm either way with the other so I can only assume that it is a PC to Mac template migration issue.

Im going to have to rebuild a couple of my templates, but they were probably overdue a spring clean. Shame I cannot 360 PC and Mac template files. But at least I have a fix.