Vectorworks Service Select hold-up

I am having the same experience here in the US. I have been using the downloaded demo. The demo was going to expire today so I had to create a new email address to get a new "serial number".

Service Select subscribers were supposed the receive new product releases "immediately". Seems like a partial refund of the subscription fee would be in order.

Same problem here. Had the same problem last year. I had hoped it was teething problems. They have taken the money from my account of course but still no software!!!!

This is another reason why I am opting out next year. Would have done it this year but I didn't realise there was a 3 month notification period.

I will cut them some slack. I called just to make sure I wasn't overlooked, but they have had some delays.

Isn't it always the case, such as magazines, that they subsribers get stuff later, and they ship out the "newstand copies" first because they already have your money?

I am curious, of course, but not the end of the world that I am not first in line with VW 2012. I'm glad they have so many copies to ship, or we would have more problems down the road being VW users.

I don't think the magazine analogy works. We paid 12 months subscription for a piece of software that we'll only have 11 months use of before the next release.

This has manifested itself as holding up projects and needing to start projects in a version of the software that we were hoping to avoid because now we're either stuck using that version for the entire project or we risk the inevitable bugs that come with upgrading files.

I don't think the magazine analogy works. We paid 12 months subscription for a piece of software that we'll only have 11 months use of before the next release.

This has manifested itself as holding up projects and needing to start projects in a version of the software that we were hoping to avoid because now we're either stuck using that version for the entire project or we risk the inevitable bugs that come with upgrading files.

When projects are in an early phase, I don't think it's a big risk to upgrade the files. I always use the latest version and upgrade all of the files. I never had serious trouble. The few things I had with 2011 is that I had to replace some textures, but that was easy with my classes.

Guest Nicholas La Forest

We do apologize for the delays that some are experiencing in their receipt of 2012 licenses. It was certainly not our intention to have you experience a delay in receiving your 2012 licenses as Vectorworks Service Select subscribers. We are actively working to resolve some of the outstanding issues that have prevented our systems from issuing a small amount of the licenses. However, several thousand licenses at this point have been issued to Service Select subscribers. If you are listed as the contract manager you should have already received an e-mail from us with instructions on how to access the licenses and instructions for downloading and installing Vectorworks 2012.

If for some reason you did not receive an e-mail, you can check to see if you have received your licenses by logging into the web portal http://serviceselect.vectorworks.net/myaccount/mylicenses. To access yourserial number(s) and installer information from the home page, go to the My Account tab and click on My Licenses. Here you will find all the information to start downloading and using your new Vectorworks 2012 software.

If you are not presented with the information it is either because you are not the contract manager, or there is an error with your contract data preventing the licenses from being issued. We encourage you to contact our Service Select support staff at serviceselect@vectorworks.net so we can speak with you and help resolve the issue.

If for some reason you did not receive an e-mail, you can check to see if you have received your licenses by logging into the web portal http://serviceselect.vectorworks.net/myaccount/mylicenses. To access your

serial number(s) and installer information from the home page, go to the My Account tab and click on My Licenses. Here you will find all the information to start downloading and using your new Vectorworks 2012 software.

We can't do that because we haven't received our login details either.