How to use Dual Monitors ?????

Yes i have two 22" set up and its awesome, i keep all my pallets docked to the right of my VW screen, and then extend the drawing screen to the point that it takes up all of one screen, the pallets take another half and then half left for internet, emails & folders etc.

Screenshot attached :)

Hi Taoist,

The only way I have thought that this might work is to have your plans VW drawing on one screen and your 3D views and elevations VW drawing referencing your plans on another. As you make changes to the plans you will need to update your references and 3D views and elevation viewports.

This is as close to a multi-view setup as I can think of for VW.

If you extend the VW main programm window across both screens and than open two files, tile and resize the drawing windows you have two different drawings open on two screens. Toggle with Strg +F6.

Is there a shortcut to close all palettes and reopen them like in Photoshop Illustrater etc?

I have not found a possibility to open the same file with different views,

VW LM 2010

Windows 7 64 bit

Edited by Uli
OK. But I am still lost.

How do you open (2) files so they show?

I must be missing something.

taoist

Maybe I misunderstand you but anyway:

If you extend the VW main programm window across both screens and than open two files, use window -> Tile and than resize each drawing window for each monitor now you have two different drawings open on two screens. Toggle with Strg +F6."

Edited by Uli

Or if you want to mess things up, open VW 2 times (open VW and to open a second one: double click on the icon in the program files while holding down the "m" button)

That way you can work on two files.

Be aware, this could end up in some unwanted behaviour (so in other words, don't do it)!

Or you can use a mac, then you can maximize on file on one screen and the other file (with the menu bar and palettes) on the other screen.

Thanks for the replies.

Comment about why do you need 2 monitors, just design in 3D.

They apparently do not understand the need.

Having plans on one screen and the 3D view on the other screen is great to make sure you do not miss anything.

Will have to keep asking to get this.

I will try all of the suggestions.

taoist

• 7 years later...