Door/Window Summary multiplies all attributes by the COUNT

Hello,

I am trying to use the SUM comment icon in a door/window schedule to summarize the total number of doors/windows of each particular size. I can get this part to work easily enough.

The problem I have is to do with the SUM (summary) command multiplies all the individual door/window attributes by my count. In other words, instead of displaying 10 doors at 3'0x7'0 each, the spreadsheet displays 10 doors totalling 30'x70'... Please see attached screen capture.

Any ideas?

I've tried altering the formula in the door.width cell, dividing it by the cell containing the count but the result is some strange number, much smaller than it should be...

??

Edited by aqualiscious

Try adding a SUM icon to both your Width and Height columns, as well as to the door sizes column. I think this will resolve your issue.

Doing this is probably very logical mathematically (I've yet to work through it...), but intuitive it is not.

Unfortunately, you can only use the SUM icon for three columns (unless you're using VW 2012, in which case I think this may be unlimited) so a lot of your other columns, such as door thickness and jamb depth, will remain problematic....

HTH