Spread sheet formulas

beave

Jonathan's comment is what is typical in an Excel spreadsheet.

As far as using a value of one cell and referencing it to another I do not know.

Great question though.

I hope others who know more than us will chime in.

I have not had to use the spreadsheets (functions) that much but it would be great to know.

taoist

To reference a cell it is mostly like Excel.

=A1*B1 will take the value from cell A1 and multiply it times the value in B1.

If A1 and/or B1 contain formulas, the results of those formulas will be used.

Be careful of what you put in the cells though. If you accidentally get a cell containing text rather than a value then you will not get a correct value as the result.

• 1 year later...

"Yes you can reference other cells and info from other worksheets. Just ref the name of the worksheet where the data is residing."

Can you please tell me how to reference cell from other worksheet.

E.g. (Worksheet 2 cell A1) needs to refer to (Worksheet 1 cell B2)

What is a syntax for cell A1 ?

I tried this, but it doesn't work

='Worksheet 1'.B2

Edited by Ash

Can anyone look in .PNG attachment and tell if database subrows numbering can be replicated in the first column of any database.

We use spreadsheets all the time and first column numbering is important for us. However, when spreadsheet includes database subrows, I can't find the solution for making similar numbering.

Ash,

I've been playing with this issue for a while now and my answer so far is no. Without a record to reference, an entity counted by a database cannot create a numerical sequence purely within the database sub-rows.

I'm hoping that someone is going to but in and have a clever way of =(CurrentSubRowNumber-CurrentRowNumber)*10 but I haven't found such an answer yet.

I'll be interested to see though!

J

I've been using a workaround for a similar situation when organizing the order of symbols in a key.

1. Add a field to the record format for the title block. In this example the new field is called Ordnung.

2. Create a blank worksheet with more rows than you need. I used 20 in this example.

In A1 enter the number 1

In A2 enter =A1+1

Select Cell A2. Copy

Select A3 through A20. Paste.

3. Select A1 through A14. Copy

Go over to your sheet index worksheet. Select A3.1 through A3.14. Paste.

Repeat as necessary.

example attached.

hth

mk

I used workaround similar to yours.

In attached file you can see that in Title Block Record called

'MyCustBlkRecord 36x24'

I am using special field

'S_Sheet No _ of'

to catch the sheet number.

(Go to Design Layer "Miscel" to see the main spreadsheet output. Open worksheet "SHEET INDEX", and make Database Headers shown)

My "Sheet Index" worksheet is a good place to change any field info, since it works like a two-way table. Need to apply "update" for all title blocks and spreadsheets to refresh and bring them to the new state.

I think this same procedure can be done with any symbol if you can create new record field "SerialNumber" for example.

All is good, but not really a full automatic process. I was hoping to find some Script to catch for example "Stack Order" of Sheet Layers. If you think about it, the subrows of database must rely on stack order or creation order of all graphic elements (Sheet Layers, Door/Windows, any Symbol etc). Obviously this static information copied/pulled into the first column of spreadsheet may not be as dynamic as two-way table, but nevertheless it is something I would like to try.

See attached file.

By the way, one spreadsheet in viewport is on sheet layer "AS-GP1" and second spreadsheet, also in viewport is on sheet layer "S-GN1"

Edited by Ash